Good and Bad Experience of Buying Items from China
Here are unbiased reviews of good and bad experience with Chinese companies for selling tool.
Here you go.
1 obdexpress.co.uk: good
I have made good experiences with buying over Sites like obdexpress.co.uk because if you have some Trouble they help you at least to get your money back. You also can give feedback about sellers.
2 obdexpress.co.uk: good
i bought this and it works perfect and fast https://www.obdexpress.co.uk/wholesale/wifi-version-vxdiag-vcx-nano-for-ford-mazda-ids.html
3 gocardiag.com: good
For me good seller > https://gocardiag.com and good price
4 aliexpress.com: good
I took a lot of devices here https://www.aliexpress.com Good quality.
5 obdexpress.co.uk: good
https://www.obdexpress.co.uk/ is a good place,i have bought 5-6 devices recently and I have cancel one order before it was shipped returned 1 order without too much of a hassle.Of course price for shipping back is outrageous,but that is well known.
And as Meroteki said,only problems with the clones.As good as the OPS,ICOM and Merecdes multiplexers work(most of them),the various programmers vary from bad to acceptable.
Smart companies(Carprog) give you the option to legalise your clone,or buy the software and the multiplexer only and get the adapters from China.Xprog dont want to sell you the box only and the soft,full package only for 3000 Euro.
EDIT:Now I remembered when i started buying first GT1 clones 6-7 years ago.They were in excess of $1000 and the sellers accepted only WU or wire transfer.If you get lucky it works right out of the box,but no more than a month.Sometimes none.If you send it back for repair,if you are lucky it gets returned as non-deliverable.Sometimes you dont see it ever again.
If there were not the clones,now the prices of everything would have been outrageous and most of the stuff would have been untouchable for the normal people like us.So,the truth is somewhere out there........
I buy many times stuff from aliexpress, but the last time I ordered a carprog full and clearly spoke with the seller that i wanted singapore post for shipping.
It arrived with DHL and had to pay the import taxes. The worst of all is that the carprog doesn't work at all. I only reads opel pin via k-line....
7 ibuyobd2.co.uk: good
I bought the Bluetooth 2013.03 Delphi DS150E CDP Pro Diagnostic tool from https://www.ibuyobd2.co.uk/. All fine with the exception of it being mailed directly from China.
I had to pay U.K. import tax which was not mentioned anywhere so be warned. Bluetooth & USB mode work perfectly. Quick dispatch & good comms. from seller.
Bought autocom from eobdtool.com. The main board was not as advertised (no chockes installed despite being shown in pictures). Apart from that it works fine.
A friend of mine bought what he was thinking a full vas 5054a with AMB2300 bluetooth from
Company Name: chen xing
Country/Region: China (Mainland)
in fact this auction: HERE and the moment he got it came to show me, and test the tool, surprise tool was not working, let's open it up and we did..... what was inside ..... BIG SURPRISE
THIS IS ONE BIG CHEATER, HIM AND HIS COMPANY something in pictures, another thing in reality. SO BEWARE
Very bad service
thid item 5set all wifi card not work and to much heat
after them recive money need police to get back or them send goods them know its bad or damage and say shipping back after that factory not agree replace and no moneyback
My recent .. first and last buying from xcar360 with a faulty xprog 5.0. I ordered this one because it's old and proved to be stable. However i received totally not working xprog. I opened it to see what surprises are inside. I haven't seen so bad soldering by now. Requested paypal claim immediately and I was refunded by paypal, not the seller. The seller even didn't give me the address where to ship it back and I had to search tough mail conversation. I paid for DHL shiping becasue I needed it to do something urgency, but also lied me in the beginning of my order. They dispatched the package 2 weeks after purchase. When I saw the date when DHL has picked up the package, they told me that they had problems with system.
I don't recommend to anyone buying from xcar360.
I have a very bad experience with https://www.obdbox.com
Very bad seller, very bad service, liar He try to robbed me, actually Dispute is opened with paypal.
Don't buy from him
I have bought this : https://www.obdexpress.co.uk/wholesale/f...-card.html and they sent what was advertised. I have done module programming on 10+ cars (both PWM and CANbus) and every time without any issues. And I will do programming 100% as original
Uobd2.net are good
Here is a SP177 version with wifi , I have bought the same without wifi 1 month ago and it can do programming and everything a genuine VCM2 can link : https://www.obdexpress.co.uk/wholesale/b...rsion.html
16 when we buy things from China, you should know
- There is a seller can get 100% satisfication from customers, neither Chinese seller nor sellers from other places like the States, EU, etc. It's normal to see happiness and unhappiness from users.
2. In my experience, I think is more of different culture and language barrier that cause a conflict.
3. First we must acknowledge that we are buying a clone products, so dont put too high expectation on quality.
4. When products break down, is really pain in the neck. I believe that they too dont want it to happen. Cos they too have to pay for the tools to return after repair.
5.Of course there are some possibilities of some unethical seller out there to sucks our money but I personally felt is very rare. Chinese are ambitious people, they want big money wont after so small amount of money like few hundred USD. These cheater wont go far, so unlikely have such seller out there.
6. If you put yourself in seller shoe, you also worried seller make a fast one on the product. Buyer spoilt the products due to improper handling. Or make a invalid or unreasonably claim. Probably the company have to fork out to remedy the damage. In another words, they may have their own difficulties which we as a buyer dont see it.
7. Another common problem is over boostful on the products, these are commonly seen. just be more careful before payment. Most importantly is the products works and not the description.
8. Is very common when you ask them anything, they will tell you "YES! CORRECT". In actual case they dont even know what you are asking. They are weak in english! The best way to resolve this issue is by sending photo to verify. Photo is definitely better than thousands of words.
9. Unless you can speak mandarin or their lingual, if not you will have language barrier between them.
10. The person you talk to is just a low salary salesman or salesgirls. They may not have very strong products knowledge. These people turn over rate is very high. Example you walk into the big department store and ask the salesgirls on some products, they too look lost.
11. Give them some patient and dont be too harsh on them and be nice , I believe they will help you. In return if someone speak rudely and harsh on you, will you help that person? "Courtesy is the best way for you and Me!" these is Singapore slogan.
12. Misunderstanding is the main culprit in this topic. Hope mine explanation can help to resolve the 13. unhappiness to all buyers.
Clones is always CLONES, dont have high expectation on it, so you wont fell bad which it break down.
- Happy buying.